Tuesday, April 03, 2007

And They're Outta Here!

Bel's tonsils (and adenoids) are out!! And she has her ear tubes in! Hurray!!
She went into surgey yesterday at 9am. Apparently her adenoids were massive, her tonsils were normal but out of place? and she had nasty, infected gunk in her ears, despite the fact that she just finished her last dose of antibiotics 2 days ago. So we are very happy that it's done.
She's still in the hospital, she's been having tummy troubles, poor thing. But she doesn't have any more bleeding in her throat and she has a bit less pain too. Po stayed with her last night and
I brought the girls home instead of staying over in town with them. There were 5 cases of Norwalk in the hospital, that had just been discovered when we arrived yesterday morning at 7:30am. Really scarry for babies...So the girls and I had to stay in the car from 7:30am to noon. They were amazing! My parents came down and after I got to see Bel in her room, we took off for home. Oh, yeah, we also got a dump of snow last night and it's still coming down! Crazy!
So now we wait until her doc gives her the go ahead to come home. She still has her IV and will have it until she can keep some liquids down. Poor girl.
It is really hard to be away from her, but Bibby is still nursing so I can't leave her without her restaurant. Po is an amazing Dad anyway, so I have no worries that Bel is not being cared for.
I love her and miss her, but I praise God that the surgery is done and she can get on with living a healthy life, with no more sleep apnea, snoring or cranky, sleepy days.

2 comments:

Po said...

Glory be to Jesus! It was hard for her to be away from you too Mama! At about 2am Bel woke up crying and said "I want to go home! I want Mama!" But she had some tylenol and went back to sleep...sound sleep for the first time since...well first time ever! You are an amazing Mama, taking care of the other two (especially in a van for 5 hours!) while worrying and praying for your little girl.

K. said...

Happy dancing for you all! So glad to hear it's done, it went well, and that hopefully things will be good for her (and you 'rents too)

hugs and love,
all of us